Sunday, August 06, 2006
iZotope has updated their free vinyl simulation plug-in with support for Intel Macs and Windows.
I tried out this plugin recently on my CubaseSX3 system and it works a treat (even better than Cubase's own Grungelizer plugin) - sorry Steinberg, but I have to be honest here.
It can add mechanical and electrical noise, wear, dust, scratch, and warping to your sound.
It can even simulate specific years of records and works in both stereo and mono. Full live control and automation, too — this is a serious freebie (14Mb download) probably because iZotope hopes you will love it , get the bug, and buy more of their stuff.
All said I must admit it's pretty good and definately worth experimenting with.
- Need a website for your band? My web hosting and design company.
- Piano for all - Easy understandable piano lessons
- Mark's website: Create and record music.com
- Recording music at home (and getting good results).
- Visit Mark's own personal artist music site.
- The Music Biz Academy Bookshop.
- The DJ Insider.