Thursday, June 01, 2006

Use Forums and groups to increase your CD sales.

This is something I tried recently and had some good results.
Consider joining a forum or group related to something you are interested in and post some good articles. (Note they needn't be directly related to your albums, just good material that is friendly,informative and helpful).
Make your profile viewable with quality photos and create a short punchy signature at the end of your articles with a link to your website.
I joined a few business forums and posted my profile and sent out some hellos to network with a few people. I also made a point of welcoming new members.
The result was that people visited my music website and purchased my album- though I had not specifically advertised my recordings, I had built trust with my profile and articles and by being friendly.

No comments: