Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Crusading U2 rocker Bono has been named the recipient of this year's Liberty Medal for helping bring public attention to humanitarian and economic issues in Africa.
The annual award, decided by America's non-profit National Constitution Center, rewards an individual or organisation that has "demonstrated leadership and vision in the pursuit of liberty of conscience or freedom from oppression, ignorance or deprivation."
Bono will receive his medal alongside the charitable project he co-founded - DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa). The award ceremony will take place in September.
- Need a website for your band? My web hosting and design company.
- Piano for all - Easy understandable piano lessons
- Mark's website: Create and record music.com
- Recording music at home (and getting good results).
- Visit Mark's own personal artist music site.
- The Music Biz Academy Bookshop.
- The DJ Insider.