Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Stuck for ideas? - music creativity.

It happens sometimes,
You want a new sound or feel for your music but don't know where to start.
I went through a period of a few months where I had lost my creative inspiration and was wanting to do something different for my next album.
Oddly enough, the solution came though browsing ebay and some exotic instrument sites and listening to some traditional instrument samples.
(I'm now eagerly awaiting two flutes - one celtic and the other of Andes origin which will expand my music scope).

If you are getting stuck in the "same old, same old" circuit of bass, drums and guitar stuff it might be worth going international and back in time a few years to investigate some other instruments and styles.
Having a unique instrument with even a simple riff can really lift a song from "average" to noticed and create a whole new feel.
Sometimes just a few notes on something very different to your keyboard or guitar can be enough to get you going on a new recording.

No comments: