Monday, May 29, 2006
Design- can make or break.
It is said you can't judge a book by it's cover.
But let me say one thing- The cover can determine whether a book gets picked up or not.
The same is true for CDs.
How a product is presented (which is what your music is - a saleable item) can determine if a potential customer picks it up and has a listen or passes your album by.
I personally put a lot of effort and money into producing my own covers.
It is well worth the extra investment either hiring a graphic artist, or if you are artistic doing your design homework before getting your label done.
If you intend on producing your own material from scratch using your computer I recommend visiting About.com for some helpful info.
You can find out more about graphic design and it's importance here
Take some time to view what artwork is out there for some inspiration(believe me there is heaps).
- Need a website for your band? My web hosting and design company.
- Piano for all - Easy understandable piano lessons
- Mark's website: Create and record music.com
- Recording music at home (and getting good results).
- Visit Mark's own personal artist music site.
- The Music Biz Academy Bookshop.
- The DJ Insider.