Monday, May 29, 2006
CD Baby - A fantastic place to start
For distributing your music online you can't go past CD baby
CD Baby has helped over 100,000 artists sell over $25 million in physical CDs, digital downloads, and live sales since 1998
I have been using these guys for a number of years now and have been delighted with their service.
For a simple $35 setup, CD Baby can get your music selling worldwide on cdbaby.com, Apple iTunes, Tower Records, Yahoo Music, Best Buy, Rhapsody, Napster, MSN Music and more.
Your CD will be available to over 2400 traditional retail CD stores in the USA. You get paid full retail price for these sales.
They keep only a 9% cut, paying 91% of all income directly to the artist. (For physical CDs, they keep $4 per CD sold.)
They also offer a number of other services and postings where you can get information about a range of music related subjects.
Definately a must visit for anyone serious about selling their music.
- Need a website for your band? My web hosting and design company.
- Piano for all - Easy understandable piano lessons
- Mark's website: Create and record music.com
- Recording music at home (and getting good results).
- Visit Mark's own personal artist music site.
- The Music Biz Academy Bookshop.
- The DJ Insider.