Sunday, March 18, 2007
Have you considered selling your material as a soundtrack for film or television?
There are companies out there that will purchase good quality royalty free music for use in advertisements, film, documentaries etc.
I discovered Production Trax and thought it looked interesting and a possible outlet.
There is a setup fee (one time) of $9.95 to cover hosting.
Here's some of the blurb I copied from the site:
Sell Your Digital Content Online
Royalty Free Music, Sound Effects, Stock Footage, & Photos
Productiontrax.com is the online home for some of the world's leading composers of production music and sound effects, as well as video and film producers, and photographers. Create a contributor account and sell your production music, stock footage, sound effects, or photos for royalty free use in film, television, video games, live performances, and other multimedia projects.
Might be worth taking a closer look.
- Need a website for your band? My web hosting and design company.
- Piano for all - Easy understandable piano lessons
- Mark's website: Create and record music.com
- Recording music at home (and getting good results).
- Visit Mark's own personal artist music site.
- The Music Biz Academy Bookshop.
- The DJ Insider.