Monday, November 13, 2006
Every so often I come across something not directly related to being in a band or music production but is still of interest to people who may want to do more with their computer based recording studio and generate a little extra cash.
ClickRepair is an application to assist you in restoring the sound archived from old records (vinyl or shellac). It is cross-platform, currently available as a normal "double-click" application for Mac OS X and Windows.
I purchased this application earlier in the year and then advertised my services converting old records and tapes to CD.
This little program paid for itself several times over, and the finished recordings were cleaned up nicely.
If you are into either restoring old recordings for friends or customers or you want to add a recording sample to your own material (minus the crackles and pops) then this is an effective, affordable product.
- Need a website for your band? My web hosting and design company.
- Piano for all - Easy understandable piano lessons
- Mark's website: Create and record music.com
- Recording music at home (and getting good results).
- Visit Mark's own personal artist music site.
- The Music Biz Academy Bookshop.
- The DJ Insider.